Meet a Mawrter: 1,000 Coffees was a volunteer-driven initiative to foster relationships and supportive connections among Bryn Mawr alumnae/i. These relationships enrich and nourish lives as well as promote the power of community to current and future Mawrters!
For the pilot year (March-September 2018), we selected volunteers to be Connectors and launch the initiative. Connectors were former members of the President’s Advisory Council (PAC) and Career Development Representatives (CDRs — volunteers with Alumnae Career Services), as well as those who represented additional affinity groups and age. Connectors represented four countries, 20 states, 28 class years from 1968-2006, and a wide variety of industries and backgrounds.
The 40 inaugural Connectors had the goal of meeting with at least five other alums each by June 2018. The alums tapped in those conversations were then asked to have five conversations of their own with other Mawrters by the end of September.
Total Number of Meetings
Total Number of Unique Participants
Class Years of Participants — Spanning Eight Decades
- 1950s: 2
- 1960s: 2
- 1970s: 20
- 1980s: 55
- 1990s: 79
- 2000s: 75
- 2010s: 50
- 2020s: 3
- GSAS: 5
At Reunion 2018
- Meet a Mawrter Refreshment Break—Campus Center Lawn, June 1-2: 101 alums networked and pledged to join the initiative
- Meet a Mawrter Power Breakfasts—Erdman Dining Hall, June 2-3: 45 participants
Meet a Mawrter Planning Committee
- Sharon Harshbarger-Kucera ’90, Princeton, N.J., Career Development Representative to the Alumnae Association Executive Board
- Saskia Subramanian ’88, Los Angeles, Calif., President of the Alumnae Association
- Cate Megley ’08, New York, N.Y.
- Megan Roudebush ’02, Chicago, Ill.
- Donna Vogel ’71, Washington, D.C.
Ongoing relationship building and strengthening makes the Mawrter community a powerful force. The Career & Civic Engagement Center is dedicated to supporting and growing alumnae/i and student engagement with one another. The 1,000 Coffees pilot program was an exciting beginning; we plan on leveraging the Meet a Mawrter brand for future activities and initiatives!
Questions? Contact Becky Ross, Senior Associate Director for Alumnae Career Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.