LinkedIn provides access to a powerful network of Bryn Mawr College alumnae/i.
Step one, create a LinkedIn profile. No picture? Look for events offered by the Career & Civic Engagement Center where you can have professional head shot taken for you. Learn what makes a good profile by exploring the resources below:
- 10 Tips for Creating a Great Profile
- Top Five Profile To-Dos in One Minute
- LinkedIn Described in Less than Two Minutes
- 10 Tips on How to Communicate Effectively on LinkedIn
- 10 Tips on Tailoring Your LinkedIn Profile to Your Goals
- LinkedIn Student Resource Page
This group is a place for current and past Mawrters to come together to connect each other, learn from each other, and share wisdom, information and experiences.
Benefits to Students and Alumnae/i
- Conversations in the group are only visible to those in the group.
- Group membership is verified by Bryn Mawr College.
- Individuals have unique strategies for managing their personal LinkedIn profiles; joining the group allows students and alumnae/i to have discussions without needing to link as a first degree connection.
- LinkedIn, by default, does not allow users to send messages to people they don’t know. Joining a group provides members the opportunity to send unlimited, free 1:1 messages to group members. Members have the flexibility to control which messages they accept or privately decline.
- Students and alumnae/i can ask questions, start discussions, or use the job tab to post opportunities, creating an online learning community.
Goals and Expectations for Students and Alumnae/i
- The Bryn Mawr College Alumnae/i & Students LinkedIn Group is a learning community where students can start to practice their networking skills.
- The Career & Civic Engagement Center will provide guidelines and a networking contract to teach students the basics. Expectations are that members of the group will conduct professional interactions that are held to high ethical standards, including, but not limited to honesty and integrity, communicating and presenting oneself in a professional manner, and abiding by these networking policies.
- The Career & Civic Engagement Center wants to reward those who present themselves well, but hopes to take advantage of teachable moments, too. Please forward any feedback about positive or negative interactions to firstname.lastname@example.org; we will do our best to follow up.
Use the Bryn Mawr College Alumni Tool on LinkedIn to search more than 15,800 Bryn Mawr Alumnae/i. Searches can be filtered by location, place of work, type of work, area of study, skills, or connections.