Planning processes and discussions are underway for the '20-'21 academic year. View the Fall Semester Planning Update to learn more.
Bryn Mawr College follows Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines and information on COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) and provides updates to the College community.
For breaking emergency information on how the coronavirus spread is affecting campus operations, news will be posted to the Bryn Mawr College Service Disruption Updates page.
View the official Pennsylvania government website page on the coronavirus for statewide updates.
Updates From Bryn Mawr College
- April 8, 2020: Information Regarding Bryn Mawr College's Summer 2020 Programs
- March 20, 2020: Update Regarding COVID-19 and the Remainder of the Academic Year
- March 12, 2020: Update from the College President
- March 11, 2020: Update from the College President
- March 5, 2020: Update from the College President
- March 2, 2020: Update from the College President
- Feb. 6, 2020: Update from the College President
- Jan. 18, 2020: Update from the Dean and Medical Director
Prevention and Precautions From the Health Center
Prevention: There is currently no vaccine to prevent 2019-nCoV infection. The best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to this virus. As a reminder, CDC always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Do not share food, eating utensils, drinks, cups and vapes/JUULs, etc.
There is no specific antiviral treatment recommended for 2019-nCoV infection. For further information refer to https://www.cdc.gov/.