The Child Study Institute offers a wide variety of services to help students achieve success, whether in elementary, secondary, or college/university settings.
Organizational/Executive Function Coaching
CSI tutors or psychologists provide services to children, adolescents, and young adults who are experiencing problems of attention, organization, and executive functioning. Coaching is provided in time management, study skills, organization of materials, completion of long-term projects, test-taking strategies, and self-advocacy.
CSI reading tutors offer the following services:
- alphabetic, multisensory, and systematic reading remediation (e.g., Wilson Reading System) to address core deficits in reading (decoding) and spelling (encoding).
- remediation in fluency, vocabulary, syntax, text structures, and meta-cognitive skills for students struggling with reading comprehension.
- diagnostic reading assessment to identify areas of strength and weakness and provide recommendations for remediation, accommodation, and /or educational placement.
CSI math tutors offer individualized, one-on-one tutoring for remediation of math skills at many levels:
- basic arithmetic skills
- interpreting and solving word problems
- support for students taking algebra, geometry, trigonometry, and calculus
- support for college math courses
- SAT preparation for math
- tutoring for adults who need to improve their math skills in order to succeed in their careers
CSI writing tutors provide the following services:
- reviewing writing mechanics
- improving organizational structure
- overcoming writer’s block
- writing in different genres
- SAT preparation for writing
- assisting with college essay preparation
Please contact Maureen Scott, intake coordinator, for information about obtaining services at CSI or to receive a brochure about our programs: firstname.lastname@example.org, 610-526-5900.