Conference Travel Awards
- Funding can be applied toward conference registration fees, travel, accommodation, and food expenses.
- Applicants must be presenting their own original scholarly research or faculty-mentored research at the conference.
- Travel award applications must be accompanied by a letter of support from the applicant's faculty mentor or research supervisor. Be sure to give your faculty letter writer at least 2-3 weeks advance notice.
- Applicants must submit a budget showing how the award will be spent. Awards cannot exceed $450.
- Students can apply for one travel award per academic year. There is no deadline to apply; applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Complete the the following form: Online Application Form
- Ask a Tri-Co faculty member to complete the following form: Online Faculty Letter of Support
Tips for Creating a Budget
If requesting compensation for mileage, please use: IRS Standard Mileage Rate.
Below is a sample itemized budget. When submitting your budget, list your expense descriptions and their corresponding amounts. If unsure of the actual amount, please provide a researched estimate.
Total amount requested: $300
- Roundtrip Bolt Bus Tickets (Philly-NYC): $30*
- NYC MetroCard (four rides x $2.50): $10
- Conference registration fee: $75
- Meals ($30 per day x two days): $60**
- Hotel for one night: $125**
*Please take into consideration taking the most cost-effective form of transportation.
**For per diem meal and lodging rates, please consult the U.S. General Services Administration Per Diem Rates page.