We hope the semester is off to a good start. We write with a few reminders/updates about deadlines and events and with information you need about Confirmation of Registration.
· January 30: deadline for Study Abroad Bryn Mawr application for all remaining programs!
· February 4-March 23: Advising Appointments for students who have not yet had their sophomore meeting with their dean. Those students will get more information in a separate email.
· April 1: deadline for declaring majors.
· April 18: Sophomore Celebration!
Confirmation of Registration:
1. Finalize your course selection, being sure you’re taking the right courses.
· Are you well prepared for the courses you’re proposing to take? (If you haven’t done so already, check your grades from the fall. Did you perform well in courses that serve as prerequisites to courses you want to take this fall? Make sure you check all your grades, including for courses you took credit/no credit. https://www.brynmawr.edu/registrar/checking-your-grades)
· If you’ve declared your major or decided on your major, are you taking courses that will advance you in your major? If you have not yet decided on your major, are you taking courses that help you make that decision?
· Are you taking courses that will enable you to complete your college-wide requirements by the end of the junior year?
· Do you have some balance in your courses?
2. Look at your registration in Bionic.
· Are you enrolled in four courses?
· Are enrolled in the courses you actually intend to take?
· Do you still need a permission number to add a course?
Once you’ve done this review, if you feel confident of your choices, you are not obligated to see your dean to Confirm Registration in person. By going through this review, you have self-confirmed! But if you’re not confident, your dean is here to help you finalize your schedule. If you need advice, please come to walk-in hours for a five- minute consultation, or call to set up a fifteen-minute appointment.
Walk-in hours are posted online.
Wishing you a good start to a semester of learning in your classes and beyond them,