Every Bryn Mawr student’s journey is different, but by the end of the first year, we hope you will be able to say the following:
- I understand the Bryn Mawr academic requirements and know how to monitor my progress towards completing them.
- I have identified a few subjects of particular interest and have a sense of how to decide and declare a major during the sophomore year.
- I have a sense of the resources on campus that can help me make the most of my time here and provide support when I have questions or confusions or am contending with a difficult decision.
- I know how to read a syllabus to understand course expectations and policies, including grades.
- I know how to use office hours or individual appointment with professors to enhance my understanding of course material or to get advice about future courses or other activities.
- I feel that at least one professor knows me well enough that I would be comfortable asking that professor for a letter of recommendation.
We also hope that students will be able to find the time to:
- Participate in activities that they find rewarding and enriching.
- Take advantage of the diverse range of identities and experiences among Bryn Mawr students.
- Attend a non-required cultural event on or off campus.
- Visit and experience a bit of what Philadelphia has to offer.