Within the Education Program, our practice is always to bridge academic and community-based learning, and we teach our students to value and to access learning wherever and whenever they are teaching. In addition to exploration and creation of educational research and theory, Education courses include placements and relationships in a range of educational settings—classrooms, after-school programs, arts organizations, adult learning centers, and online settings. Ranging from two hours per week to full-time student teaching in the certification program, placement and partnerships engage students as observers, assistants, collaborators, curriculum developers, and workshop leaders.
Some of the Education Program's partnerships include:
- Common Space, Ardmore, PA
- Friends School Haverford, Haverford, PA
- Gotwals Elementary School, Norristown, PA
- HMS School for Children with Cerebral Palsy, Philadelphia, PA
- Masterman, Philadelphia, PA
- Newcomer Learning Academy, Philadelphia, PA
- Overbrook Educational Center, Philadelphia, PA
- Puentes de Salud After School, Philadelphia, PA
- Radnor High School, Radnor, PA
- Radnor Elementary School, Radnor PA
- Rose Tree Media School District, Media, PA
- Science Leadership Academy at Beeber, Philadelphia, PA
- Vaux Big Picture High School, Philadelphia PA
- Woodlynde School, Strafford, PA
- Titagya Schools, Dalun, Ghana: Since 2010, the Education Program has been working with an early education project in Northern Ghana by supporting student interns, co-creating and co-leading teacher workshops, and facilitating cross-cultural exchange and dialogue.
- University for Development Studies, Tamale, Ghana: UDS, Ghana's state University for the Northern region, and Bryn Mawr have entered into an educational partnership to support student and faculty collaboration and exchange.
- Science Leadership Academy at Beeber, Philadelphia, Pa.: SLA Beeber partners with the Education Program to sponsor the Dialogue Project through which high school students act as teacher educators sharing their insights and perspectives with pre-service teachers.
- Parkway West High School, Philadelphia, Pa.: In past years, Education faculty and students have engaged in a multi-pronged partnership including curriculum development, cross-visits to classes, linked course projects, classroom assistance, and more. In addition, Bryn Mawr College worked with Parkway West High School to create a community garden in the Mill Creek Community of West Philadelphia, The Sunkissed Acres Beauty Project.