- Open to Bryn Mawr College or Haverford College graduates
- GPA of a 3.0 or higher (those with a GPA in the 2.8-2.99 range may apply if they meet the Pennsylvania Department of Education's score requirement on the Praxis Subject Area test)
- Experience working with children or youth
- Have taken at least one education course as an undergraduate (Preferred)
- U.S. citizenship, intent to become a U.S. citizen, or a resident alien (green card) visa. This requirement does not apply to world language teachers, however.
- A bachelor’s or graduate degree in the subject area in which certification is sought OR the equivalent of a major in the certification area (e.g., a minor and additional coursework).
- For social studies certification, a major in history, political science, economics, anthropology, or sociology is required, with coursework in all the other areas. Some interdisciplinary majors are acceptable.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until March 25. Those whose applications are accepted must enroll by May 1.
To apply, gather the following materials:
- A resume that details your work and volunteer experiences and highlights any teaching experience you have or experience working with youth.
- Copies of all undergraduate and graduate school transcripts (unofficial is fine).
- 1-2 page "Letter of Intent" to enroll that answers these questions:
(a) Why are you interested in education? Please describe your interest (its origins, experiences that led to it, its current manifestations, etc.)
(b) What unique and/or appropriate qualities and strengths would you bring to the profession? What capacities do you hope to (further) develop through the program?
(c) What are your professional goals?
- Two letters of recommendation (at least one from a course instructor).
E-mail or mail your application by March 25 to:
Kelly Gavin Zuckerman
Bryn Mawr College
101 N. Merion Avenue
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010