Undergraduate students who are interested in submitting their writing for publication or for presenting at a conference can find information here on Calls for Papers that have been sent to the Department of English. Questions regarding calls for submissions should be addressed to the publication or to Bryn Thompson at email@example.com.
Current Calls for Papers
Process: Journal of Multidisciplinary Scholarship Accepting Submissions for Next Issue
Process: Journal of Multidisciplinary Undergraduate Scholarship is currently accepting submissions for its next issue, On Media.
Submissions are invited reflecting upon or even demonstrating the capacities, limitations, and/or uses of media, broadly conceived, but authors are welcome to consider the following as a starting point:
- The role of social media in global political movements (e.g. the Arab Spring, Black Lives Matter, and International Women’s Day protests)
- New forms of intimacy and/or conflict between authors and their audiences
- Experimentation with new media in photography, film, music, poetry, etc.
- Representations of the media in pop culture
- How applied mathematics — social algorithms, machine learning, or big data — is shaping the face of consumer culture in media interfaces
- The media’s influence on partisan politics
- The impacts of new media on developing economies
This issue of Process will focus on media, but submissions on any topic are welcome.
Deadline: June 11, 2018
Send questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org