Many HR and labor organizations state that mid-career begins when you have 10-plus years of professional experience. Whether you started a job, secured a fellowship or pursued additional education after graduation (or all three!), moving beyond the 10-year mark [Graduates of the Last Decade (GOLD)] is a common reflection point for alumnae/i.
- How satisfied am I with my current career and life trajectory?
- Do I want to advance to a management or leadership role?
- Am I considering a pivot or change?
- How are life considerations influencing my plans and options?
- Does my organization's culture and values align with my own?
During this interactive discussion, open to all interested alums and students, alumnae/i will reflect on their journeys and talk about a myriad themes tied to transitioning from early to mid-career. Our goal is to engage the audience, this isn't just a panel discussion!
- Tamarinda J. Barry Goldín '09 (biology): supervising pediatric dentist, CariedAway Program, Epidemiology and Health Promotion, College of Dentistry, NYU
- Victoria Bryant '09 (Growth and Structure of Cities): designer, Eskew Dumez Ripple+
- Shana Kurata '05 (political science and French): national security analyst, Department of Defense
- Nydia Palacios '09 (anthropology): senior consultant, Deloitte