Starting Small: How to Plan, Track, and Wrap Up a Small Project
This remote intensive is open to all students, including the class of 2020.
Project management, a skill that is in demand for most career paths, is a set of techniques that anyone can apply to achieve goals and make tasks more successful. Project management can be used to guide small, simple projects as well as complex enterprise-wide initiatives, always with the goal to make things work better. In this workshop, students will learn the fundamentals of project management, from establishing project goals and objectives, to building a project plan to manage resources and work, meeting deadlines, and closing the project. LITS has curated a program of self-paced LinkedIn Learning tutorials that will form the curriculum. In addition, we will have online meetings to share questions and discuss important points from the tutorials.
- Aug. 3: Starting Small: How to Plan, Track, and Wrap Up a Small Project (via Zoom)
- Aug. 4: Project Charters and Tools to Help Plan and Keep Your Project on Track (via LinkedIn Learning Resources)
- Aug. 5: Managing People, Both Within and Outside of Your Project Team (via Zoom)
- Aug. 6: Managing the Work (via LinkedIn Learning Resources)
- Aug. 7: Final Zoom Meeting