Regular review of budget reports is a responsibility of all College budget managers (academic department chairs and administrative office heads). The review will provide assurance that:
- There are no unexpected charges to the budget;
- All expected charges appear;
- Charges appear in appropriate budget lines;
- Department/project is on target not to exceed the total operating expense budget.
If a problem is identified on a budget report, the budget manager should take action:
- Contact the Treasurer’s Office if the budget is not correct or should be reallocated (Tijana Stefanovic).
- Prepare a journal entry to rectify any erroneous transactions. (In some cases, such as misallocated vendor payment or credit card expense, the Controller’s Office will have to be contacted for assistance.)
Budget Reports and Instructions
Budget reports are available in two College systems: Financial Edge and BiONiC. Financial Edge is the College's accounting software and all posted activity is immediately reportable. Please allow one day for posted activity to appear in BiONiC. (Click here for more information about Financial Edge.)
|Summary report - Shows totals for budgets and revenue and expense activity by department and/or project in a given time period.|
|Instructions on how to run a Financial Edge Budget Summary (Income Statement) report.||Instructions on how to run a BiONiC Budget Summary report.|
|Detailed report - Shows a detailed listing of all revenue and expense transactions by department and/or project in a given time period.|
|Instructions on how to run a Financial Edge Query.||Instructions on how to run a BiONiC Transactions report.|
|Additional report types are available in Financial Edge. If you need assistance to customize a report to your department's needs, please contact Tijana Stefanovic.|