Students will receive their billing statements and may  view their student account via the College’s electronic billing and payment processor, Nelnet Business Solutions (NBS). Students can authorize access to family and friends who may want to view and pay the bills online using Student Account Self Service on BIONIC.

In compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, (FERPA), commonly called the Buckley Amendment, all Bryn Mawr College billings and student accounts are in the student’s name. All students are required to acknowledge their responsibility for the cost of tuition and fees before registration.

FAQs about Billing and Student Accounts

Students must complete the financial aid application process before funds can be credited to their student account. Students selected for federal verification must complete verification. Estimated awards are not finalized and cannot be credited. Wages earned through Federal Work Study or Campus Employment are paid directly to the student on a bi-weekly basis and are not applied toward the bill. Grant and loan funds are disbursed to the student’s account one-half in the fall and one-half in the spring. The earliest that federal grant and loan funds can be disbursed is ten days before the start of classes each term. At Bryn Mawr College, federal loans and grants are disbursed on the first day of classes if the student has accepted her loan on line, signed the loan promissory note and completed entrance counseling.


Paying from outside the US

Bryn Mawr has partnered with peerTransfer Education in an effort to make international payments simple and more affordable to International students peerTransfer’s mission is to save International students and their family’s money that may otherwise be spent on bank fees or unfavorable foreign exchange  currency conversions.

By paying in their home currency, students could save up to $1,500 for a $40,000 tuition payment compared to using traditional banks. In addition, the posting of the payment to your student account will be faster and more efficient. There is no financial benefit to Bryn Mawr College if you choose to utilize this payment option.

The information below includes a summary and instructions.

Click or go to: to begin the payment process

  • To get started, select Bryn Mawr as the School you want to pay to
  • Select the country from where funds will be coming from and the payment amount in US dollars you wish to make to your student account
  • In most cases, the US dollar amount will be converted into your home currency at preferential exchange rates which will translate into a savings for you.
  • After providing some additional basic information you will be able to record the transaction and will be instructed via email on how to pay peerTransfer Education from your home country bank account.
  • peerTransfer Education will then forward the US dollar amount to Bryn Mawr College where it will be directly credited to your student account.
  • You will receive an email to confirm receipt of payment
  • At any time, you will have a dedicated customer service team reachable via chat, Skype, email and phone to answer your questions

Payment Plans: If enrolled in the Nelnet Business Solutions (NBS) monthly payment plan, each payment is credited to the account as payments are received from NBS.  Payment plans are for each semester only. Learn more...

Prepaid Plans:  One semester’s portion of the total Prepaid Plan will be credited to the Student Account each semester. 

The student’s account becomes eligible for a refund when the balance is exceeded by the credits posted to it. Refunds are processed once a week. Refunds resulting from an overage from Title IV aid funds are automatically processed by Student Financial Services as quickly as possible to be distributed by the Controller’s Office on the nearest upcoming Monday per their processing calendar.  Refunds resulting from an overage from Alternative Loan funds or other sources must be requested in writing, preferably on the Refund Request Form. If a student prefers to have the available refund amount rolled over to the next semester, a written request is required.

Bryn Mawr College provides a permission feature through BIONIC Self-Service to expedite the processing of federal funds relating to student accounts.  Granting “Title IV Permission” will authorize federal funds to pay for miscellaneous charges, (health center fees, parking fines, etc.) and therefore, accelerate the payment of bills and any applicable refund.

Refunds can be directly deposited to a bank account.  To request Direct Deposit, download the Direct Deposit Form, complete, and submit to the Controller’s Office.

Students will be refunded 100% of their previously paid tuition, room and board, and college fee if the Registrar receives written notice that the student has withdrawn from the College or begun a leave of absence before the first day of classes.

Students withdrawing from the College or embarking on a medical or psychological leave of absence on or after the first day of classes, refunds of tuition, room and board occur according to a pro rata schedule up to 60% attendance. No refunds are processed for withdrawals after 60% of the semester. Fall and spring breaks are not included in the calculation of refund weeks. Note that Student Government Association dues and the health insurance portion of the College Fee are non-refundable.

The date the student began the withdrawal process by contacting  the Dean’s Office orally or in writing is considered the date of withdrawal for College refunds and for the return of Title IV funds. When a student continues to attend classes or other academically related activity after beginning the withdrawal process, the College may choose to use the student’s last date of documented attendance at an academically related activity as the date of withdrawal. For a student who leaves the College without notifying the College of her intent to withdraw, the College normally uses the student’s last date of documented attendance at an academically related activity as the date of withdrawal. If that date cannot be ascertained, the College will consider the midpoint of the enrollment period to be the date the student withdrew.