Credit Balance Refunds
When a student account has a credit balance created by an over-payment and/or disbursement of financial aid, a student is eligible for a refund. If the overage resulted from disbursed Federal funds; such as Direct Stafford Loans, Direct Plus Loans, Perkins Loans, Pell Grants or Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG), the refund will be routinely processed. Requests to retain the credit balance on the student’s account, must be sent to Student Financial Services in writing.

Student Financial Services processes refunds once a week, and the Controller’s Office distributes them as a paper check or direct deposit to a checking or savings account. Direct Deposit is the College’s recommended method to receive refunds.


Overpayments on your student account, whether resulting from personal payments or from financial aid (grants or loans) can be transferred to your OneCard (Student ID Card/Campus Cash Account) to be used at areas designated by the OneCard Office for Bryn Mawr and Haverford College campuses.   

To request a credit balance transfer, send a written request (email preferred) to Student Financial Services at .