Awards are made by the College to full-time students based on need from funds in its control. Bryn Mawr Grants are awarded for a maximum of eight terms. Only students who apply for institutional aid at the time of admission are considered for institutional grant assistance during any of their subsequent years of enrollment.

Loan Rates and Terms

  • Fixed Interest Rate: 5%

Repayment Interest Rate

  • Your rate is fixed at 5%. This means your interest rate will remain the same for the life of the loan.
  • Your In-School Interest Rate: While you are enrolled at least half-time, the interest rate on  your loan will be 0%.
  • Your Interest Rate during Grace Period: The interest rate during your twelve-month grace period will be 0%.

Loan Fees

  • There are no loan fees charged for this loan.

Term of Loan

  • The maximum repayment period is 10 years. Borrower will be notified of minimum payment and repayment period at exit interview.                                                                

Repayment Options & Sample Costs

Repayment Options

Sample Loan Amount

Sample Interest Rate

Sample Total Paid

Make no payments while in school; repay loan before end of twelve month grace period.




Make no payments while in school; maximum repayment period is 10 years, however the period may be shorter depending upon total amount borrowed.




Other Important Information

Eligibility Criteria

  • Borrower must be enrolled at Bryn Mawr College at least half time.

About the Repayment Example

The repayment example #2 above is based on a 5% fixed rate of interest and $10,000 loan amount. It assumes the borrower remains in school for 4 years and has a twelve-month grace period before repayment begins. Repayment will last ten years.

UNISA is the billing company for International Loans. Contact UNISA at: 800-875-8910.

You may access your account information and make domestic payments on your loan at:  Payments must be made from an American bank account.

To make loan payments from outside the United States: Use the Flywire Loan Payment website:

Bankruptcy Limitations

  • If you file for bankruptcy you may still be required to pay back this loan.
  • International Loans must be awarded as part of your financial aid offer. International students may not apply for financial aid after being admitted to the College. 
  • Borrowing limits are fixed. You may not borrow more than the amount offered as part of your financial aid award from year to year.
  • International Students do not qualify for U.S. Department of Education federal loans.

How to Access Your International Loan

  1. Accept, Reduce, or Decline your International Loan. Go online to by using your Bryn Mawr user ID and password.
  2. Complete and sign the Self-Certification Form, Approval Disclosure form, Promissory Note, and Questionnaire. If you accept the loan, we will mail these forms to your campus mail box address just prior to your arrival on campus in the fall. 
  3. Attend the Entrance Loan Counseling Workshop during Orientation Week. The date and time of this workshop will be sent o you prior to Orientation Week. Please complete as much of the following forms as possible: The Self-Certification Form, Approval Disclosure Form, Promissory Note and Questionnaire and bring them with you to the workshop. You will have the chance to ask questions about your loan and the forms at the workshop. 
  4. During the Entrance Loan Counseling Workshop, you will receive your final Disclosure Statement.
  5. You may cancel this loan up to 3 days after signing the promissory note. If you have not canceled this loan after 3 days, we will credit your loan funds to your student account.

Community Service Jobs: The Civic Engagement Office (CEO) employs Federal Work Study eligible students during the academic year through a variety of community service related jobs. Students are employed as reading and mathematics tutors through school and community based tutoring programs and students are hired as student coordinators to help run the CEO’s co-curricular volunteer programs. The CEO also coordinates the Community Based Work Study program which matches work study eligible students with local community partner organizations as paid employees, working eight to ten hours per week. The CEO’s work study employment programs provide students with opportunities to make meaningful contributions to local organizations and communities while also learning about community issues and developing professional skills. Participation is limited to students enrolled in their second, third, and fourth years at Bryn Mawr College. Visit the CEO on the Bryn Mawr College web site:

Students awarded need-based Federal Work Study or Campus Employment may work on campus to earn money to cover the costs of books, supplies and personal expenses. Students’ maximum earning potential is contingent on availability of jobs and scheduling. Earnings are paid directly to students on a bi-weekly basis and are not credited to student billing accounts. Current College policy requires that all first year students work with the dining services department.

First year students will receive information about this opportunity during the summer in a mailing from the Dean’s Office. The Student Employment Office serves as a resource for students who need assistance finding and maintaining jobs on campus. Contact information for the Student Employment Office can be found at

Students who have not been previously employed at the College or who have had not worked at the College in more than two years, must complete an I-9 form before they can be hired. Students will be required to show the following documentation for the I-9:

  • One document that establishes both identity and employment authorization such as a U.S. Passport, Permanent Resident Card, Alien Registration Card, foreign passport with I-551 stamp.


  • One document that establishes identity such as a driver’s license, state ID card, voter’s registration card, military dependent’s ID card.


• One document that establishes employment authorization such as: SS Card, birth certificate, U.S. Citizen Card, employment authorization document issued by the Department of Homeland Security.

For a complete list of acceptable I-9 documents please contact the Human Resources Office at 610-526-5261 or the Student Employment Office at 610-526-7941.

Certified copies of birth certificates are acceptable.

All other documents must be original.