Bryn Mawr is one in a million, and it's time we got loud about it. Speak up about its excellence and why you're proud to be a member of the community. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
Boast: Make it known that you are part of the Bryn Mawr community.
- Wear your Bryn Mawr gear around town;
- List the College on every profile and bio;
- Like, share and retweet College social media posts;
- Hang your diploma prominently in your office and display memorabilia on your desk;
- Mention Bryn Mawr at professional engagements;
- Talk about the power of Bryn Mawr with young women and their parents;
- Sport a window decal on your car. In fact, we'll send you one! Just write us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Send your news and accomplishments to email@example.com—we'll boast for you!
Give: Participation impacts reputation and rankings. Period.
- Make a gift to the Bryn Mawr Fund;
- Join the Archways Society by giving for three consecutive years;
- Share why you give with others and encourage them to support the College;
- Join the Taylor Society by naming Bryn Mawr as a beneficiary in your estate plan;
- Give a gift in memory or in honor of a favorite faculty member, classmate, or family member;
- Determine whether your employer provides matching gifts;
- Offer a Challenge grant to help spur participation by your classmates.
Connect: A connected community is a strong community.
- Update your contact information;
- Submit a class note;
- Join our LinkedIn and Facebook groups;
- Attend local club, affinity and GOLD events;
- Follow President Cassidy’s blog;
- Read the monthly eNews;
- Support the Bryn Mawr and Lantern Bookshops in Cambridge and D.C.;
- Attend athletic events on campus or when BMC is the visiting team in your area.
Volunteer: Lend your time and talent to the cause!
- Help plan club and affinity group programming;
- Join your class Reunion or Giving Committee;
- Support our students through the Career and Civic Engagement Center;
- Post job opportunities for students and fellow alums;
- Work with the Admissions Office to fill the next class;
- Act as a social media ambassador by touting our successes and strengths;