Bryn Mawr College is seeking a part-time Accounts Payable Specialist in the Controller’s Office to perform a variety of clerical and accounting duties. Position reports to the Assistant Controller.
SCHEDULE: All times include ½ hour unpaid lunch.
Occasional additional hours as needed.
- Process vouchers for payment through accounts payable, e-procurement and credit card databases on a weekly basis using multiple processes. This includes performing the following tasks:
-Create and maintain vendor records
-Audit, correct and approve vouchers for third party vendors, employees and students (invoices, credit memos, credit card transactions, fellowships, honorariums, non-travel reimbursements, etc.)
-Perform a comprehensive itemized audit, correction and approval of vouchers for travel advances and reimbursements
-Provide or request additional information/documentation from departments
-Code and enter paper-based vouchers
-Import electronic vendor and voucher files
-Balance and reconcile vouchers
-Print and distribute payments
-Post AP data to the General Ledger
-Create, maintain, run and review necessary reports
-File vouchers and other documents
-Act as back up for Accounts Payable Coordinator
- Open, sort and distribute incoming mail.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Maintain file of incomplete AP vouchers/outstanding AP travel advances and perform required follow up.
- Create and send mailings utilizing various software products.
- Respond to inquiries related to accounts payable area.
- Recommend procedures and practices to enhance and improve performance in the payables area.
- Assist with maintaining authorized signatures electronic and paper files.
- Assist with calendar/fiscal year-end reviews and transfer of annual files to storage.
- Assist with annual audit.
- Assist with maintenance of all government required documents including Forms W-9, W-8, 1099.
- Assist with physical audit of inventoried equipment.
- Assist Accounts Payable Coordinator and Assistant Controller with various projects.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned or directed.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, EXPERIENCE, AND EDUCATION
- Three to five years general office experience with minimum of two years prior accounts payable experience processing a large volume of documents weekly (over 400).
- Associates Degree or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge and ability to work with a variety of database systems and software such as Word, Excel, Notepad (txt files), PowerPoint, PDF, internet, email, etc.
- Extensive work experience using Excel including sorting, filtering, creating formulas, functions, pivot tables, etc.
- Proficiency with a 10-key adding machine.
- Work experience demonstrating organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, work well under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Good basic math skills and general knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to lift 25 lb. boxes.
- Prior experience with BlackBaud Financial Edge, PeopleSoft, Sciquest (JAGGAER) e-procurement and/or Global Reporting and Account Management credit card software a plus.