POSITION OBJECTIVE: As a member of the Alumnae Relations and Development (ARD) team reporting to the Director of Alumnae Relations, the Assistant/ Associate Director of Affinity Programing is responsible for the management of all alumnae affinity programing and for supporting Reunion programming. The Assistant/ Associate Director will plan and implement affinity-specific events and activities that enable alumnae groups to engage with the College and further its goal of fostering pride and maintain meaningful relationships with alumnae after graduation.
- Oversee existing alumnae/i affinity programs including the GOLD (Graduates of the Last Decade), Golden Sages, LGBTQIA+, Alumnae of Color, and McBride affinity programs and implement and develop new programs.
- Design and implement new affinity programming as appropriate to engage our alumnae/i with the College and with one another.
- Support all affinity program volunteer committees by providing timely communications with alumnae, logistical support, strategic direction, recruitment of new volunteers, and staff support.
- Assist the Associate Director of Alumnae Engagement in executing annual Reunion programming including direct volunteer outreach, event planning, and additional tasks as needed.
- Collaborate with Alumnae Relations and Development colleagues to accomplish shared goals across the division.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Prior volunteer management and event planning experience
- Ability to work independently and thrive in a liberal arts college setting while working closely and collaboratively with administrators, faculty, and alumnae volunteers
- Willingness to work some weekends and evening hours
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Fluency across multiple social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) and Microsoft Word
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university