The Human Resources Department at Bryn Mawr College serves a population of about 655 benefits eligible employees as well as part time faculty and staff. We are a team focused department that believes strongly in our commitment to customer service. The Benefits and Data Coordinator performs a variety of duties in support of the pay and benefits administration functions within the Human Resources Department but also helps out in other general HR areas when needed.
- Enters all new hires and data updates for staff and faculty in PeopleSoft system.
- Report new hires through the PA State New Hire Reporting system.
- Meet with new staff to assist with completion of new hire paper work, review benefit eligibility and policies.
- Assists in coordinating Open Enrollment activities and mailings.
- Serves as primary contact during Open Enrollment for annual employee benefit election updates. Processes all enrollment updates according to an established schedule.
- Enrolls all benefits-eligible faculty and staff new hires in selected plans via PeopleSoft Benefits Administration program. Provides documents to carrier as required.
- Processes employee benefit changes with carriers – medical, dental, and retirement – on a regular basis. Performs critical follow-up on more complex cases. Ensures forms are completed and distributed appropriately. Assists with medical, dental and retirement plan reconciliations related to these changes.
- Processes benefit terminations. Runs COBRA program via PeopleSoft and processes mailing of materials.
- Manage benefit billing for COBRA continues and retirees.
- In the absence of HRIS Manager, serve as back up regarding the pension contribution process; generate reports to upload to Transamerica and the Controller's office to send the ACH wire.
- Processes benefit provider invoices for payment for medical, dental, employee assistant program and others as needed.
- Generates monthly retirement plan eligibility list and letters, mails packets to employees, and manages salary reduction changes.
- Coordinates/schedules benefits-related bulk mailings to faculty and staff.
- In the absence of the Human Resources Receptionist, answers phones, greets visitors to the Human Resources office, disburses forms for completion, dispenses benefit information packages, answers general inquiries, and notifies other staff of visitors’ arrival.
- Interacts with various academic departments to determine rates of pay, salary adjustments, leaves and other pay changes.
- Documents leaves in PeopleSoft.
- Conduct patch testing quarterly and during other implementations.
- Works directly with Payroll to solve any payroll discrepancies, answer questions, review payroll registries. Calculate and provide retroactive pay adjustments to Payroll on an as needed basis.
- Review monthly and biweekly payrolls. Ensure benefit deductions and changes are consistent with daily processing.
- Acts as a Human Resources representative for all employees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or directed.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES, EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION:
- A minimum of three to five years of prior experience in performing complex clerical duties
- Strong computer experience including Word and Excel
- Prior experience in Human Resources preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Preferred: Experience with PeopleSoft, Financial Edge, E-Market