Campus Safety Officer – Night Shift
Bryn Mawr College has an opening for a Campus Safety Officer. The Campus Safety Officer performs a variety of duties to ensure the safety and security of students, staff and visitors and campus buildings/properties. 11:00 PM – 7:00 AM Wednesday - Sunday
Responsibilities will include:
· Checks and secures campus buildings.
· Conducts foot and mobile patrol of 135 acre campus.
· Turns on/off exterior campus lights and burglar alarms as indicated.
· Responds in a quick and efficient manner to calls from dispatcher re:
- investigate suspicious activity
- break up disturbances
- obtain vital information on unlawful acts committed on campus
- responds to security alarms on campus
· Opens buildings and rooms as instructed.
· Provides medical transportation on emergency and out-patient basis.
· Handles fire drills and alarms as needed.
· Completes incident reports in a clear, concise, and professional manner.
· Serves as dispatcher when needed.
The successful candidate will have two years of experience in a security field, preferably in college or university environment any combination of education, experience and knowledge which would product the necessary skills and abilities. Must have the ability to walk campus in extreme temperature and weather conditions, must be able to follow written instructions, must be able to lawfully operate a class 6 vehicle, must be able to compose incident reports, must have CPR, first aid, crime prevention and self-defense training. Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be comfortable with e-mail, Word, and Excel. Must have a valid driver’s license.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Bryn Mawr College is an institution of higher education offering a four-year, educational experience to approximately 1,400 students. Bryn Mawr was the first women’s college to offer graduate education through the Ph.D., and the College continues its support of master and doctoral programs through its Graduate School of Arts and Sciences and its Graduate School of Social Work and Social Research.
The College is located in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania which is easily accessible by public transportation from Philadelphia.
Bryn Mawr College is an equal opportunity employer. Applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, age or disability. All qualified people are encouraged to apply.
To express your interest in this role, please submit a resume and cover letter via Interfolio:
Review of applications will start immediately.