Our Director of Nursing Services is responsible for the daily operations of the Health Center under the direction of the Medical Director; supervises the nursing staff; and performs general nursing activities in the College Health Center in accordance with established rules and regulations and standard practice.
* Directly supervises nursing personnel and housekeeper
* Day to day operations including but not limited to:
- Scheduling of nursing and support staff
- Ordering and maintaining supplies
- Stocking of treatment areas
* Review of charts of incoming freshman prior to opening of school
* Maintain laboratory in cooperation with Medical Director in compliance with State and OSHA regulations.
* Provide in-service training for nursing personnel a minimum of four times a year.
* Arranges for staff training on OSHA, Fire Safety, Blood-Bourne Pathogens and CPR training.
* Orientation of new employees
* Keep the Medical Director informed of status of medical patients with significant problems treated by the Health Center Staff.
* Performs duties of lab technician when needed.
* Triage and treat student problems as per protocols and standard nursing practice. If necessary, consult with physician or arrange appropriate treatment.
* Dispense medications and perform treatments as ordered for both in and out-patients.
* Educate students regarding the medications being dispensed and/or self-help measures for their particular problem.
* Provide routine nursing care for the in-patients.
* Perform, interpret and record any laboratory tests occurring during shift.
* Record all patient care activities on the student chart in a legally acceptable fashion.
* Supervise and complete appropriate paperwork for inventory control, statistics and billing.
* Participate in education or preventive programs as directed by the Medical Director.
* Responsible for sterilization of equipment and maintaining standards for cleanliness in the Health Center
* Reports to and is supervised by the Medical Director.
* BSN Required
* Very good physical assessment and history taking skills.
* Good common sense.
* Ability to relate well to a college age population.
* Superior interpersonal skills.
* Must have excellent hearing, speaking and seeing ability.
* Must have excellent manual dexterity.
* Must be able to lift 20 pounds.
* Must be able to climb steps in Health Center and be mobile to other campus buildings.
* Must be a registered nurse in the state of Pennsylvania; experience with outpatient college age population and supervisory experience preferred.