Position Title: Donor Relations Associate
This position reports to the Director of Campaigns and Communications and provides high-level administrative support to five professionals. The focus of this job is supporting ARD efforts to ensure that alumnae/i, parents, and friends experience high-quality interactions with the College that foster long-term engagement and investment in the institution.
In managing the daily operations and performing administrative duties in support of the Donor Relations, Stewardship, Communications and Campaign Programs, this staff member must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, where organizational skills and attention to detail are critical.
- Manage the daily operations of the Donor Relations and Stewardship Program, ensuring a timely and efficient process, reporting and accountability to all internal and external constituencies.
- Under the supervision of the Director of Donor Relations, coordinate details for and assist in the daily production of select donor acknowledgments (coordinating with Prospect Managers and President’s Office to ensure personalization).
- Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Stewardship, coordinate production details for annual stewardship reporting in digital and hard-copy formats from the creation of annual report mailing lists and ancillary materials (e.g., student profiles, student thank you letters, and financial statements) to managing accurate mailing and timely entry of final report in the database.
- Assist the Senior Associate Director of Communications with communications such as annual publications, direct mail projects, electronic communications, web pages, and social media in support of Alumnae Relations and Development goals. Tasks might include writing, project management, proofreading, etc.
- Assist the Senior Associate Director of Donor Engagement with planning and implementation of events and specialized programming such as Regional Campaign events, scholarship events, building dedications, donor recognition events. Tasks might include preparing invitation lists, invitations, collateral materials, tracking RSVPs and attendees, staffing events, etc.
- Serve as traffic manager for a wide variety of projects helping to shepherd them through review and approval processes and ensuring adherence to schedules.
- Proofread letters, reports, design proofs and other written materials.
- Develop, implement and maintain administrative systems and processes to ensure consistency in annual projects and maintain database integrity and project history.
- Provide administrative support to team members, including: managing day-to-day office needs, tracking costs and expenditures for selected projects, acting as Credit Card Allocator for supported positions, maintaining office supplies, and serving as a point of contact for phone calls from reportees, alumnae/i, parents, and friends.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned or directed.
Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Three to five years’ relevant office administration experience, preferably in fundraising or communications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with solid proofreading skills required.
- Strong project management skills with stellar attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Must be able to prioritize projects, work independently, and handle confidential matters with appropriate discretion.
- Excellent decision-making skills; willingness to search out answers and be intuitive; ability to recognize when others need to be involved in activities or decisions.
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to accept new responsibility and seek out projects.
- High degree of computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel) and ability to learn and master position-related software and databases (PeopleSoft and Financial Edge).
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com.
Bryn Mawr College is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, age or disability in our employment practices. We are committed to building a culturally diverse environment and welcome all applicants.