POSITION OBJECTIVE: Perform need analysis for domestic and international students, determine financial aid eligibility and prepare financial aid awards; Coordinate Bryn Mawr federal and state aid programs; Provide financial aid counseling to students and their families; and other duties as assigned by the Director of Financial Aid.
- Perform federal and institutional verification of financial aid applications
- Determine eligibility and award funds from Federal, State and Institutional sources
- Counsel and advise students about various aspects of the financial aid office, including financial aid eligibility, application procedures, aid programs, costs, indebtedness, and money management. Ability to individualize information to the particular needs and situation of the student is required to help families understand various funding resources and the College’s financial aid policies and procedures
- Review and update financial aid applications and award materials to ensure that the College is in compliance with institutional policy and federal and state regulations
- Serve as the primary contact for specific special programs, including POSSE, JYA (junior year abroad), and Post-Baccalaureate
- Responsible for Federal Direct Loans and Federal Pell Grant processing through Peoplesoft and the Federal COD system
- Participate in student recruitment and retention activities, including presentations to audiences on and off campus
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, one or more years of financial aid experience or any combination of experience, education or training which provides the required skills, abilities and knowledge
- Ability to learn and retain federal, state and institutional financial aid policies and regulations
- Ability to work with staff, students, and parents from various backgrounds
- Ability to take direction and retain knowledge/information
- Commitment to customer service, with excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills in all mediums (in-person, phone, email)
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency with desktop software applications
- Experience with Oracle PeopleSoft preferred
- Strong work ethic that includes and is not limited to: dependability, punctuality, conscientiousness, willingness to learn, and ability to work on a team
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information to email@example.com
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Bryn Mawr College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, age, or disability in its employment practices. We are committed to building a culturally diverse environment and welcome all applicants.