POSITION TITILE: Help Desk Associate (24-Month Appointment, with the potential for renewal)
SUPERVISOR: Senior Manager for Client Relationships and Support
SUMMARY: Play a major role in supporting the effective use of technology by members of the Bryn Mawr community. Provides first- and second-tier troubleshooting and technology-related responses via telephone, in person, and electronically. Provide technical support to Help Desk Student Technicians and participate in community-wide outreach efforts.
- Respond to faculty, student, staff, and other community members’ technology-related queries via telephone, email, remote access, and in-person.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex and advanced hardware, software and network connectivity problems.
- Use a designated ticketing system to capture, track, route, and document problems in an efficient and timely manner from initial report to resolution.
- Work closely with Service Desk colleagues to track, research, document, and resolve problems and to assist in developing appropriate policies.
- Identify individual and community learning needs and recommend outreach and education approaches.
- Within a defined service offering, provides individualized support and maintenance of community members’ personal computers and mobile devices.
- Administer Remote Assistance and Ticket tracking applications.
- Play a significant role in writing and maintaining documentation.
- Act as a technical resource for training and communication initiatives.
- Actively work to uphold and promote service experience standards that balance client needs and expectations with overall LITS goals and priorities.
- Develop and maintain a high level of proficiency with information technology in general and Bryn Mawr’s systems and technologies in particular.
- May visit offices to provide point-of-service assistance when necessary.
- Assist in providing training and technical support to Help Desk Student Technicians and assist in their day-to-day supervision.
- Coordinate with Help Desk professional staff to provide coverage during regular business hours and be able to work flexible hours during breaks and the beginning of the semester.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong commitment to high quality, professional customer service.
- Excellent problem solving and follow-through.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, especially the ability to capture and communicate complex/ complicated technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Professional demeanor and ability to remain calm under stress.
- Excellent judgment and flexibility in balancing policy questions, client advocacy, and the overall mission of the College and LITS, and a willingness to solicit perspective from colleagues in balancing this approach.
- Ability to identify acute issues and trends that need to be escalated to a supervisor or other colleagues.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and competing time demands.
- Ability to build and maintain effective and collegial relationships with department colleagues and the College community.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Attention to detail.
- May need to assist with moving computers and other equipment, including printers and network cables.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and some experience in a help desk or other technical support role preferably within a college or university setting.