Bryn Mawr College is accepting applications for the position of Staff Counselor (.75 FTE) in our Student Health Center.
Bryn Mawr is a private liberal arts institution located approximately 11 miles west of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and serves a population of 1,800 students at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. The College has a long tradition of educational excellence offering a dynamic and challenging work environment.
Position Title: Staff Counselor
Reports To: Director of Counseling Services
Position Objective: Offers various forms of psychotherapy to college students particularly in areas such as such as women's issues, late adolescence/young adulthood identity concerns, depression, anxiety, transitional issues, and inner conflicts and/or emotional distress related to college adjustment.
- Provide clinical assessment, individual psychotherapy and group psychotherapy to undergraduate and graduate students.
- Provide crisis intervention with individuals and campus groups as needed
- Night and weekend counseling coverage on a rotating basis.
- Provide and/or assist educational seminars on campus as time permits
- Provide clinical supervision to trainees.
- Serve on campus-wide committees as directed by the Counseling Director
- Attend weekly counseling staff meetings.
- Maintain all clinical documentation in a timely manner and in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Possess at least a master's degree in social work, psychology, counseling, or closely related field from an accredited college/university.
- Pennsylvania advanced clinical license.
- 3-5 years clinical experience and training in women's issues, late adolescence/young adulthood identity issues, depression, anxiety, transitional issues, and inner conflicts and/or emotional distress related to college adjustment. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have experience providing group therapy and demonstrated success in working with students from traditionally underrepresented groups, first generation students, LGBTQ-identifying students, international students, students with disabilities, etc. Collegial and collaborative relationships within and beyond the Counseling Service and a commitment to equity and inclusivity are expectations of the position and essential to our mission. Candidates should have a demonstrated history of healthy working relationships and a collaborative style.
Bryn Mawr College is committed to building a culturally diverse environment and we welcome applications from all candidates. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are especially encouraged to apply.
For immediate consideration, send a cover letter, resume and the contact information of at least three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.