POSITION TITLE: Mailroom Coordinator
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Performs a variety of duties directly related to the efficient operation of the college post office.
- Opens the mailroom.
- turns on mailing/postage machines
- opens the safe and cash register
- opens sales window
- Performs supervisory activities normally associated with a line function: trains staff in proper operational procedures, conducts in-service training, ensures that appropriate staffing levels are maintained, directs and assigns staff, conducts disciplinary action, performance evaluations, employee counseling, etc.
- Stays abreast of all Federal, State and local postal regulations and lets College community know of changes.
- Recommends postal policies and procedures
- Monitors budget printouts and assists Manager in preparation of the annual budget.
- Reviews budgets and printouts at least once a month.
- Assists in sorting/distributing mail to student and campus office:
- places mail into P.O. boxes
- distributes mail into appropriate departmental mail bags.
- assigns student mailboxes
- Processes packages for mailing.
- Meters mail:
- logs business reply and postage due charges
- prepares journal entries
- records and scans incoming packages from UPS, Federal Express, etc.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or directed.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Ability to read and follow oral and written instructions
- Six months prior bookkeeping/accounting experience
- Ability to compose business correspondence
- Demonstrated ability to use 10 key calculator
- Six months prior supervisory experience
- Excellent oral communication skills; superior interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience in customer service related industry.
- Associates degree in business administration or prior experience as a supervisor in the postal service or any combination of skills, experience or know which provides the necessary skills, abilities and knowledge.
- Ability to lift up to 70 lb.
- Valid driver's license. Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Excellent hearing and speaking ability.
- Vision sufficient to read mail.
- Good manual dexterity.
- Ability to be mobile among workstations and campus buildings.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.