POSITION TITLE: Mailroom Coordinator
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Supervises the staff of the College Post Office, ensuring the efficient operation of the office and rendering the highest level of customer service. Also assists at the College Bookshop as necessary.
- Ensures that the Post Office is properly opened for business and closed at the end of the business day.
- Participates in all daily work of Post Office.
- Serves as back up to Mail Driver during vacations and other time off.
- Compiles and submits journal entries for departmental postage charges.
- Acts as administrative representative for the Post Office.
- Solicits and compares vendor bids.
- Orders supplies.
- Authorizes payments/charges against post office departmental budget.
- Maintains appropriate departmental records.
- Ensures that the Post Office inventory is reconciled as prescribed by the Controller.
- Troubleshoots problems involving office equipment, hardware and software.
- Oversees the Post Office vehicle, driver eligibility, driver replacement, and mechanical condition of vehicle.
- Sets and reviews annually policies for the Post Office.
- Performs supervisory related duties requiring use of discretion and independent judgment; assigns work, coordinates work flow through the area and resolves routine staff issues.
- Assigns, verifies and schedules work of permanent, student and temp staff; monitors vacation, determines quality/quantity standards.
- May authorize firing, training, conduct performance evaluations and disciplinary actions.
- Trains other staff members to perform Post Office tasks.
- Assists the operations of the College Bookshop as assigned. Bookshop tasks will include accounting on a weekly basis, back up coverage on the sales floor and other functions as needed.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or directed.
SKILL, ABILITIES, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Associates degree in business administration or prior experience as a supervisor in the customer service related industry or any combination of skills, experience or know which provides the necessary skills, abilities and knowledge.
- Ability to model, deliver and teach cheerful and efficient customer service at the Post Office window, at the Bookshop's front counter and across campus when out on deliveries.
- Ability to manage and schedule permanent, student and temp staff.
- Working knowledge of postal regulations.
- Ability to read and follow oral and written instructions.
- Prior experience performing bookkeeping and/or accounting tasks.
- Ability to use Outlook and Excel, and other systems as necessary.
- Ability to lift up to 70 lb.
- Frequent physical effort including lifting heavy weights, stooping or standing for extended periods of time
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to be mobile between workstations and campus buildings.
- Valid driver's license required.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org