Title: Program Coordinator
Department: Career and Professional Development (CPD)/ Leadership, Innovation, and the Liberal Arts Center (LILAC)
Status: 2 Year Appointment, 0.5 FTE
POSITION OBJECTIVE: LILAC’s mission is to prepare liberal arts students to be effective, self-aware leaders in their chosen life pursuits. The Intensive Coordinator will provide administrative support for and organize a new professional-development program for undergraduates, working closely with the Associate Director of Experiential Education. The coordinator will develop two 3- to 4-day intensive non-credit courses (“Intensives”), to be held over fall and spring breaks, expanding students’ concept of careers related to humanities and humanistic social sciences. The Intensives will offer innovative ways for students to explore how their academic focus in the humanities or humanistic social sciences prepares them for a wide range of careers in fields in the public, private, and nonprofit sectors. The coordinator will be responsible for all administrative aspects of the Intensives developed as part of the Mellon grant.
· Plan and implement the Mellon-funded Intensives by working in collaboration with the program’s steering committee and selected facilitators.
· Develop an application and registration process and evaluation forms using Handshake and Qualtrics.
· Identify alumnae/i, internal and external partners as guest speakers, internship hosts, professional “field trip” hosts, and for additional networking opportunities.
· Work with the LILAC administrative assistant to provide logistical support for the Mellon-funded Intensives (reserving rooms, ordering food, AV, printing or sending evaluations and coordinating speaker visits).
· Use Moodle to compile course materials and secure copyright permissions where needed.
· Identify and supervise student TAs.
· Accurately use Handshake, word processing and desktop publishing software to design, format, type and print announcements, correspondence, reports, lists, and other materials in order to market the Mellon-funded Intensives to undergraduates.
· Collaborate with Associate Director of Experiential Education to coordinate timing and logistics of Mellon-funded Intensives with other LILAC intensives.
· Collaborate with the Associate Director of Employer Relations and Internships to connect Mellon-funded intensive participants with internship opportunities.
· Create reports by reviewing demand data from applications and attendance numbers at event.
· Review evaluation data to create reports that explore areas that went well and areas that need development.
· Maintain files and documents.
· Update LILAC webpage to reflect accurate information about the Mellon-funded Intensives.
· Track the number of Mellon-funded Intensive participants who do internships and what types of internships they complete.
· Compare senior destination data to those who participate in the Mellon-funded Intensives.
· Manages the program budget.
· Maintain a record of budget expenditures.
· Work with LILAC program coordinator to process expenses and reimbursements.
Other Duties as Assigned:
· Taking part in LILAC initiatives and team meetings when appropriate.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, EXPERIENCE, AND EDUCATION:
Bachelor’s Degree preferred and administrative experience in an educational environment. Must have experience planning programs. Must be proficient in Word and Excel, have good communication skills and the ability to multi task. Web maintenance skills, database management, document publishing and supervisory experience are all preferred.