POSITION TITLE: Senior Technical Support Specialist
SUPERVISOR: Senior Manager for Client Relationships and Support
SUMMARY: Play a major role in supporting the effective use of technology by members of the Bryn Mawr community (faculty, staff, students, and affiliates). Provide first- and second-tier troubleshooting and technology-related solutions and education in person, by phone and electronically. Assist in developing and implementing support strategies that promote a sustainable infrastructure for the benefit of the entire community and effective outcomes for individual clients and departments. Contribute to needs analysis, planning, implementation, and education for College software and systems. Work with other technicians to diagnose and resolve complex issues.
- Respond to faculty, student and staff technology-related queries and provides professional one-on-one support for community members via individual meetings, electronic communication, phone, and remote support tools as appropriate.
- Diagnose and resolve advanced hardware and software issues with College desktop, laptop and mobile equipment.
- Serve as an escalation point for other technicians.
- Work with Support Team Lead to maintain software packages and derivative images used in limited or specialized environments (such as instructional labs).
- Deliver, install, and update new and existing computer equipment, including workstations, network cables, and printers.
- Develop and maintain a high level of proficiency with information technology and technological trends in general and Bryn Mawr’s systems and technologies in particular.
- Maintain familiarity with mobile devices and emerging technologies, especially as applies to their use in the Bryn Mawr environment.
- Actively work to uphold and promote service experience standards that balance client needs and expectations with overall LITS goals and priorities.
- Follow LITS and Client Engagement and Planning practices including use of designated ticketing and asset tracking systems and other communication tools, developing and maintaining internal and community documentation, and communicating with clients and colleagues.
- Work closely with colleagues to track, research, document, and resolve problems and to assist in developing appropriate policies and practices.
- Analyze trends in client services work and client feedback to inform continuous improvement.
- Provide ad hoc and structured training to College community members, particularly in conjunction with larger LITS projects and initiatives.
- Identify individual and community learning needs and recommend outreach and education approaches.
- Develop and maintains knowledge of campus and LITS departmental roles and responsibilities.
- Assist with and leads Client Engagement and Planning and LITS projects as requested.
- Coordinate and communicate with outside vendors as required.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate and interact successfully with a diverse community of faculty, students, and staff.
- Excellent creative and systematic problem solving, attention to detail, and follow-through.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, especially the ability to capture and communicate complex technical information for a community with diverse levels of technical expertise.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Professional demeanor and ability to remain calm in challenging situations.
- Ability to build and maintain positive professional relationships with colleagues and community members.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly and adopt new technologies.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and competing time demands.
- Ability to send and receive College-related calls and text messages and ability to be on call for emergency and urgent needs as required by job duties.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years of experience in a customer-oriented computer support environment, preferably in a higher education setting. Familiarity with Mac and Windows-based hardware and software, common mobile platforms, and enterprise software distribution platforms. Certifications and additional training a plus