Are you a motivated individual with strong problem-solving skills looking for an opportunity to build on your existing network and systems administration skills? Do you want to grow your professional experience with Juniper, Linux, and Windows? Bryn Mawr College invites applications for the position of Systems and Network Engineer.
This position requires previous experience in network and systems administration and integration and offers a highly-supportive working environment to expand your network and systems administration skills through project collaborations with colleagues, as well as formal training opportunities.
The Systems and Network Engineer manages computing networks and related servers that are critical enterprise-wide College resources; performs systems administration and programming tasks related to Juniper, Aruba Wireless, Ubuntu Linux, Windows Server, and Mitel VoiP systems. Bryn Mawr College in collaboration with Haverford and Swarthmore colleges operates a private high-speed fiber network with extensions to the major points-of-presence in Philadelphia for Internet and Internet 2 connectivity.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and five to seven years of professional experience working as a network and systems administrator in medium to large organization or any combination of education and experience which provides the necessary skills, abilities and knowledge.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, RADIUS, L2/L3 Switch configuration, Intermediate Ubuntu/Debian based Linux & Windows Server administration
- Experience with Perl, PowerShell, Java, ADFS, Shibboleth, and Office 365.
- Ability to work well with a diverse user population and effectively collaborate with colleagues within Library and Information Technology Services (LITS) and across campus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Located in metropolitan Philadelphia (and a short train ride from Center City), Bryn Mawr College is a distinguished liberal arts college for women with graduate programs in social work, humanities, and science for men and women. We are a diverse and international community that shares an intense commitment to intellectual inquiry and a desire to make meaningful contributions to the world. The College is committed to social justice, civic engagement, and inclusion. Bryn Mawr has strong partnerships with Haverford College, Swarthmore College, and the University of Pennsylvania.
The College offers employees a competitive salary and benefits package, including 25 vacation and personal days, 13 holidays, and a 10% retirement contribution. Bryn Mawr College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, age or disability. We are committed to building a culturally diverse environment and welcome all applicants.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references via this link: