POSITION TITLE: Web Services Team Lead
SUPERVISOR: Director of Enterprise Data, Systems & Interfaces
JOB CLASSIFICATION: AP
EFFECTIVE/REVISION DATE: June 2018
EXEMPTION STATUS: Exempt
- Collaborates with colleagues in Communications Office to roadmap work performed on College website.
- Works closely with organizational stakeholders and other members of the Web Services team to ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Proactively looks for efficiencies while meeting project goals.
- Provides leadership and mentoring to Web Services team. Works with team to engage in problem solving and finding proactive solutions.
- Manages the development and implementation of projects, including overseeing any development work performed by third-party vendors.
- Leads the software development of Drupal modules in support of specific project goals.
- Oversees application administration of our Drupal installation as well as our WordPress multi-site installation.
- Collaborates with peers in LITS to provide LAMP-stack application administration support when needed.
- Leads the management of our source code repository using version control software such as Git.
- Keeps abreast of emerging web trends. Identifies and recommends web technologies for future application development.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or directed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 5+ years’ experience in web development.
- Solid understanding of content management systems and web applications.
- Detailed experience with mobile and responsive development.
- Motivated and energetic developer who takes initiative, enjoys finding solutions to a varying number of challenges.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to communicate directly with peers, managers, staff, and vendors while leading development to a completed and successful solution.
- Strong organization skills to manage multiple timelines and complete tasks quickly within the constraints of stakeholders’ timelines and budgets.
- Ability to interact positively and work collaboratively with individuals at all levels inside and outside the organization.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems Design, or other relevant field; at least three years as a professional web developer building interactive web applications; excellent oral and written communication skills; good time management skills and the ability to work well with a diverse user population and effectively collaborate with colleagues within LITS and across campus.