Online Teaching Institute for Graduate Students
The Online Teaching Institute for Graduate Students will run July 19–30, 2021. Participants should register by July 15, 2021.
The Online Teaching Institute for Graduate Student Instructors is a fully online opportunity in which graduate student instructors work together with support on the design of an online course. Throughout the Institute, graduate students new to teaching online will have the opportunity to devise, create, and reflect on the different components of an online course. At the same time, participants with online teaching experience may work through the modules of the Institute to further reflect on their existing or previously taught online courses.
For more information, visit our event page. To register, visit this form. Please note that the last day for registration is July 15, 2021.
By the end of this Institute, participants will be able to:
• Build and support a community of inquiry in an online course
• Anticipate ways to efficiently manage student and instructor workload
• Articulate learner-centered outcomes and objectives for an online course
• Design effective online assessments aligned with course objectives
• Plan, organize, and create at least one online lesson plan on Moodle
• Identify which learning technology approach best fit course’s learning objectives
We encourage participants to make the most out of the Institute by attending collaborative online discussions on Zoom. However, attendance is not required. Below is the schedule for this Institute's synchronous sessions:
- July 19, 10:00 am - 11 am EDT – Online Teaching Institute Kick-off
- July 20, 10:30 am - 12:00 pm EDT - Building Community Online and Trauma-Informed Teaching
- July 27, 10:30 am - 12:00 pm EDT - Using Learning Technologies for Online Teaching
- July 28, 10:00 am - 11:00 am - Universal Design for Learning and Accessibility In the Online Classroom
- July 30, 10:00 am - 11:00 am EDT - Closing Session
To learn more about previous institutes, visit the Online Teaching Institute website. For questions, please contact Maria Ocando Finol at firstname.lastname@example.org.