Coronavirus Information and Updates
The Bryn Mawr College Health Center follows Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines and information on COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) and provides updates to the College community.
View the official Pennsylvania government website page on the coronavirus for statewide updates.
Free Covid Test
Starting Monday, September 25,2023 the Department of Health and Human Services is offering free covid test. Orders can be placed at COVIDTests.gov The tests will be delivered for free by the U.S. Postal Service.
Prevention and Precautions From the Health Center
The CDC website offers up-to-date guidance on prevention and treatment. Everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory illness include:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
Support and Outreach
Students who do not feel well or who have physical health concerns should, as always, call the Health Center at 610-526-7360
Students are also encouraged to reach out to deans, professors, and staff of the The Impact Center for Community, Equity, and Understanding with concerns or questions, as well as Nora Woods, the interfaith chaplain, and members of the Health Center's Counseling Services staff for additional support.