Sexual Misconduct Policy
On May 19, 2020, the U.S. Department of Education issues a Final Rule under Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 that:
- Defines the meaning of "sexual harassment" (including forms of sex-based violence),
- Addresses how an institution must respond to reports of misconduct falling within that definition of sexual harassment, and
- Mandates a grievance process that an institution must follow to comply with the law in these specific covered cases before issuing a disciplinary sanction against a person accused of sexual harassment.
See 85 Fed. Reg. 30026 (May 19, 2020). Click here to read the full text of the Final Rule and its extensive Preamble. [PDF]
Bryn Mawr College remains committed to addressing any violations of its policies, even those not meeting the narrow standards defined under the new Title IX Final Rule, and retains authority to investigate and adjudicate allegations under the policies and procedures defined within the Bryn Mawr College Sexual Misconduct Policy.
- Campus Safety: (610) 526-7911
- Lower Merion Police Department: (610) 642-4200; call 911 in an emergency if you are off-campus
- Victim Services Center of Montgomery County 24-hour hotline: (610) 277-5200