We offer several other ways to help build your network:
- Contact your regional Club or Affinity Groups for focused connections and to find out about upcoming events
- Join LinkedIn groups:
- Bryn Mawr College Alumnae
- Bryn Mawr College Alumnae/i & Students
- Strengthen your online brand using the LinkedIn Member Guide to Building Your Profile and 10 Tips for Building a Stronger LinkedIn Profile
- Get tips and strategies from the Networking and LinkedIn Guide developed by Career and Professional Development
- Schedule a one-to-one coaching session to develop your personal strategy
Bryn Mawr College Alumnae/i & Students LinkedIn Group
This group is a place for current and past Mawrters to come together to connect each other, learn from each other, and share wisdom, information and experiences.
Bryn Mawr College Alumnae LinkedIn Group
This group is a place for alumnae/i to connect with each other, as well as share professional development articles, information, job openings, and experiences. Graduating students may join in April of their year of graduation.
Benefits to Students and Alumnae/i:
- Conversations in the group are only visible to those in the group.
- Group membership is verified by Bryn Mawr College.
- Individuals have unique strategies for managing their personal LinkedIn profiles; joining the group allows students and alumnae/i to have discussions without needing to link as a first degree connection.
- LinkedIn, by default, does not allow users to send messages to people they don’t know. Joining a group, provides members the opportunity to send 15 free 1:1 messages to group members each month. Only original messages count towards this monthly limit.
- Students and alumnae/i can ask questions, start discussions, or use the job tab to post opportunities, creating an online learning community.
Goals and Expectations for Students and Alumnae/i:
- The Bryn Mawr College Alumnae/i & Students LinkedIn Group is a learning community where students can start to practice their networking skills.
- LILAC will provide guidelines and a networking contract to teach students the basics. Expectations are that members of the group will conduct professional interactions that are held to high ethical standards, including, but not limited to honesty and integrity, communicating and presenting oneself in a professional manner, and abiding by the networking policies available on the LILAC website.
- LILAC wants to reward those who present themselves well, but hopes to take advantage of teachable moments, too. Please forward any feedback about positive or negative interactions to email@example.com; we will do our best to follow up.