LinkedIn provides access to a powerful network of Bryn Mawr College Mawrtyrs.
Step one, create a LinkedIn profile. No picture? Look for events offered by LILAC where you can have professional head shot taken for you. Learn what makes a good profile by exploring the resources below:
- Creating a profile Tip Sheet
- Top Five Profile To-Do’s in one minute LinkedIn Described in less than Two Minutes
- How to Communicate Effectively on LinkedIn Tip Sheet
- Tailoring Your LinkedIn Profile to Your Goals Tip Sheet
- LinkedIn Student Resource Page
This group is a place for current and past Mawrtyrs to come together to connect each other, learn from each other, and share wisdom, information and experiences.
Benefits to Students and Alumnae/i:
- Conversations in the group are only visible to those in the group.
- Group membership is verified by Bryn Mawr College.
- Individuals have unique strategies for managing their personal LinkedIn profiles; joining the group allows students and alumnae/i to have discussions without needing to link as a first degree connection.
- LinkedIn, by default, does not allow users to send messages to people they don’t know. Joining a group, provides members the opportunity to send 15 free 1:1 messages to group members each month. Only original messages count towards this monthly limit.
- Students and alumnae/i can ask questions, start discussions, or use the job tab to post opportunities, creating an online learning community.
Goals and Expectations for Students and Alumnae/i:
- The Bryn Mawr College Alumnae/i & Students LinkedIn Group is a learning community where students can start to practice their networking skills.
- LILAC will provide guidelines and a networking contract to teach students the basics. Expectations are that members of the group will conduct professional interactions that are held to high ethical standards, including, but not limited to honesty and integrity, communicating and presenting oneself in a professional manner, and abiding by the networking policies available on the LILAC website.
- LILAC wants to reward those who present themselves well, but hopes to take advantage of teachable moments, too. Please forward any feedback about positive or negative interactions to email@example.com; we will do our best to follow up.
Use the Bryn Mawr College Alumni Tool on LinkedIn to search over 12,000 Bryn Mawr Alumnae/i. Searches can be filtered by location, place of work, type of work, area of study, skills, or connections.