Are you interested in understanding how to manage your own money and to help others grow their personal wealth?
Do you want to know more about how financial markets, investors and other actors impact entrepreneurs and economies from the local to the global levels?
Are you considering jobs in finance or are just interested in learning the language of finance?
Are you interested in developing your own skills of presentation, networking, and getting the job you want?
The Bryn Mawr College Finance Intensive is a comprehensive, five-day course designed to immerse students in the basics of finance, strategic analysis, interviewing and self-presentation in professional contexts. Students will be exposed to inspiring alumnae and master teachers from the financial industry to help you feel more confident in understanding how finance works as an industry and also as a tool to help communities grow their wealth and have the opportunity to invest in the best opportunities.
The curriculum includes:
- Finance fundamentals and language including knowledge of: stocks and bonds, financial statements, capital structure and markets, asset allocation, portfolio management and investment strategies
- Insight into how financial concepts impact how humans, organizations and economies might succeed of fail
- Increased awareness of the diverse types of jobs that exist in finance
- Facilitation and analysis of case studies led by Wharton School faculty and industry experts
- Skill-building in communication, coaching, giving feedback, networking, public speaking and interviewing
- Compelling stories and interviews from alumnae of various ages and work experiences about how they leveraged their Bryn Mawr educations to excel in the professional world and in their lives more broadly
Join us for the Finance Intensive, and feel more inspired to manage your money, explore investment opportunities, and get a job in any organization.
- Meredith Myers, Ph.D.
Registration for this course will open during the fall 2017 semester.
Contact Jessica Hollinger (firstname.lastname@example.org).