LILAC | Civic Engagement stands with our students, their families and friends, and the communities affected by recent disasters. Below are links with useful information on reflecting on and responding to disasters world wide.
- How to Help the Victims of the California Wildfires: From Slate.com, an article that includes specific resources needed and links to both local and regional aid organizations working to support those directly affected by the wildfires in California and the first responders on site.
- Resources for Responding to Mass Shooting
- List of Global and Regional Relief Organizations
- Guidelines for Hosting an On-Campus Donation Drive: Recommendations from LILAC | Civic Engagement
- How to Decide Where to Donate Your Money After Disasters: New York Times article: "It may feel impersonal, but money is often the most useful form of donation. Unlike goods, financial gifts have no associated transportation costs. A $20 pair of jeans, for example, would cost about $165 to ship from Washington, D.C., to the capital of Honduras."