Application due Wednesday, February 14
Curious to know what working with youth in a Christian non-profit is like? Apply for this 10-week position which is based in Philadelphia and offers a stipend, housing, meals, and some transportation!
The Broad Street Ministry Youth Initiative is a short-term service immersion in Philadelphia that puts a premium on educating youth about social justice issues and systemic poverty, as well as conversations on how Scripture calls for justice. The Youth Initiative Summer Staff Position will help implement this program from June 4 to August 12, 2018.
Ideal applicants will:
- Work well with new people, engaging youth and adults in meaningful and respectful ways
- Implement the Summer Youth Initiative program and work well on a team
- Co-create and teach a curriculum using scripture, current events, and academic understandings of justice
- Value social justice & want to learn more through the lens of the Christian faith
- Feel comfortable getting around a large city using public transportation (or willing to learn and explore!)
- Have some experience working with youth in a church setting
- Be comfortable with long days, urban living, and irregular time off
- Have completed at least two years of college, university, or community college
- Have CPR and First Aid training (or be willing to get it once hired)
- Have clear background checks, as required by PA Child Protection Service Law
- Be flexible, faithful, energetic, and have a love of young people
- Be comfortable leading large and small group discussions
- Creatively help craft and lead a theological evening program and reflection
- Be a self-starter and self-motivating
- Be forward-thinking in relation to how youth can impact justice in the world
- Be willing to go outside comfort zones
Broad Street Ministry will provide:
- A summer stipend of $2,300 paid in three installments as well as housing (furnished, utilities, etc)
- Public transportation passes (Cars are not needed)
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner when groups are at BSM. Food is not provided during time off or training period
- A summer to become familiar with Philadelphia, its various neighborhoods, and non-profit agencies
- Many hours of youth ministry experience
- Leadership opportunities, including worship leadership, large group facilitating, etc, if desired
- Practical, real-life experience in confronting prevalent social justice issues and putting faith into action
This position is an excellent opportunity to work in the non-profit world of Philadelphia, to work with various social services, and to work with youth!
Interested? Apply here!
If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.