Welcoming the New Alumnae Career Services Leader
Read the welcome letter here!
The Leadership, Innovation & Liberal Arts Center (LILAC) is dedicated to the ongoing career management needs of alumnae/i!
Support & Services Available:
- Career Coaching (via phone, video call, or in-person): one-on-one support for career management issues, such as: job search and career transition; preparing for interviews and networking; writing resumes and cover letters; pursuing continuing education; navigating changes in life circumstances that impact one’s career.
- Networking connections via LinkedIn and alumnae/i events, clubs, and affinity groups
- Online resources for job search, salary negotiation, relocation, professional development, and more
For a one-on-one coaching session:
Bryn Mawr College uses a career management system called Handshake and alumnae/i are able to log in to sign up for appointments. Alumnae Career Services supports alums who graduated more than one year ago. Career and Professional Development supports alums who graduated within the last year; career counseling appointments and pre-law advising are scheduled via Handshake.
- Go to https://brynmawr.joinhandshake.com/login
- Username for alums should be the “preferred” email address which the College has on file for you (as of summer 2017)
- You will be prompted to set your password (if you have never used Handshake before); follow on-screen prompts
- Under the Career Center menu select Appointments to schedule a session
- Be sure to provide a telephone number at which you can be reached
- Becky will send you a Skype for Business meeting link should you like to conduct a video appointment (please specify your preference for telephone or video meeting)
If your primary email is a non-Bryn Mawr .edu address, you may not yet have an account. Handshake interprets a .edu email as a student at that institution, so you may need to use another personal email address. If you have any difficulty accessing Handshake, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Career and Professional Development at 610-526-5174 for real-time assistance Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm.
If the appointment availability doesn’t match your schedule, Becky will be happy to work on finding another time; you may email her at email@example.com.