Bryn Mawr Resources - Electronic access and Librarian Help
New: request books and scans from the Bryn Mawr libraries here with pickup starting July 6
- Tripod and Library Research Guides and Databases. Start here. We have purchased access to many new e-book and journal packages. Individual titles can be searched in Tripod.
- Ask librarians for help. Visit the Library Help page and email us a question, make an appointment to talk online, or chat with us.
- Use our "Off-campus access" bookmarklet.
Temporary access to e-books and e-textbooks from publishers/vendors
We'll update this list with useful links as they become available. These are a few of the best options out there that cannot be found through Tripod or the TriCollege Research Guides (you will have to use these links):
- Hathitrust Emergency Temporary Access
220,000 in-copyright print titles in Tripod and owned by Bryn Mawr can be read online. Check Hathitrust for access to print titles you find in Tripod (most are titles published between 1925 and the 1990s). You must log in using your Bryn Mawr credentials. Digital access to in-copyright titles is available during the crisis and will be turned off once physical access to the library is restored. (Hathitrust also has 7 million out-of-copyright open-access books you can read any time. Log in to download entire books.).
- Internet Archive
1.35 million digitized books: many in-copyright and not available electronically through other sources. The Internet Archive has turned off the National Emergency Library, which allowed borrowing without wait periods for books, but you can still use this service. Open access (not limited to BMC).
- Archaeopress e-books
All e-books and journals. Through July 31, 2020 (seems to be available still in August)
- University of Michigan e-books
Through August 2020
- Swank Digital Campus. Feature films.
- Netflix Educational Documentaries Includes 13th, Our Planet, Explained, The Art of Design, and more.
- Feature Films for Education (New)