Bryn Mawr Resources - Electronic access and Librarian Help
- Tripod and Library Research Guides and Databases. Start here. We have purchased access to many new e-book and journal packages. Individual titles can be searched in Tripod.
- Ask librarians for help. Visit the Library Help page and email us a question, make an appointment to talk online, or chat with us.
- Use our "Off-campus access" bookmarklet.
Temporary access to e-books and e-textbooks from publishers/vendors
We'll update this list with useful links as they become available. These are a few of the best options out there that cannot be found through Tripod or the TriCollege Research Guides (you will have to use these links):
- Internet Archive's National Emergency Library
1.35 million digitized books: many in-copyright and not available electronically through other sources. Limitations on borrowing have been suspended through at least June 30, 2020). Open access (not limited to BMC)
- Hathitrust Emergency Temporary Access
220,000 in-copyright print titles in Tripod and owned by Bryn Mawr can be read online. Check Hathitrust for access to print titles you find in Tripod (most are titles published between 1925 and the 1990s). You must log in using your Bryn Mawr credentials. Digital access to in-copyright titles is available during the crisis and will be turned off once physical access to the library is restored. (Hathitrust also has 7 million out-of-copyright open-access books you can read any time. Log in to download titles.).
- VitalSource textbooks.
Create a free login; 7 title limit. Help using the site. Includes Cambridge textbooks. Ends May 25, 2020.
- Redshelf textbooks.
Create a free login; 7 title limit. Ends May 25, 2020
- University Press Scholarship Online.
31000 books from US & UK presses. Through May 2020 [BMC will subscribe starting June 2020; all titles will be searchable through Tripod]
- Brepols Online e-books and journals. Access through May 2020
- EBSCO Academic e-books. General interest academic and popular titles. Access through June 2020 [BMC may subscribe starting July 1, 2020]
- A&Ae Art and Architectural history e-portal.
E-books and images. Through June 14, 2020
- Cambridge University Press textbooks
Most, but not all, of these titles are already in Tripod. Access through June 29, 2020
- Oxford Handbooks Online
All titles. Through May 2020
- Oxford University Studies in the Enlightenment
- OECD iLibrary.
Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development books, papers, stats. Through spring 2020
- Harvard Business Publishing e-book collection.
Access through May 2020
- Bloomsbury-published e-books (humanities & social sciences).
Through June, 2020.
- Swank Digital Campus. Feature films.
- Netflix Educational Documentaries Includes 13th, Our Planet, Explained, The Art of Design, and more.
- Ken Burns in the Classroom. Includes full access to The Civil War, The Dust Bowl, The War, The Roosevelts, Jazz, College Behind Bars, The Gene, and The National Parks. Access to June 30.
Other media (archival materials, newspapers, magazines)
- Magazines through Flipster...cooking, hobbies, news. Access through June 2020
- NewspaperArchive.com. Somewhat genealogy-focused full-text international newspapers.
- US Documents Masterfile. US public/political documents 1774-2020.