This article appeared in the Fall 2016-Spring 2017 Bryn Mawr Math Alumnae Newsletter.
The members of the Class of 2017 have big plans. Here is what a selection of math majors shared with us.
- Yiling Bai will be teaching calculus in China.
- Claire Billington will spend a month visiting family and friends in Wyoming and California before coming back to Philadelphia to start working at Tech Impact.
- Tianyi He will be moving to Texas and working for American Airlines.
- Rose Kaplan-Kelly will be a Ph.D. student in the Department of Mathematics at Temple University.
- Tina Kloufetos will spend the summer moving into her new house in Texas with her boyfriend and traveling up the West Coast on her dream road trip. Then she will be working at Allen Academy, a private school in College Station, Texas, teaching sixth, seventh, and eighth grade math. She will be working with the school headmaster to roll out a personalized learning plan for sixth grade math, and is excited to act as a leader for integrating technological resources into math education for middle school students.
- Luwei Jiang will visit several parts of the United States with her mom and friends, and return to China to enjoy the rest of the summer (and foods!). Later she will go to Baltimore to start a master's degree program in engineering management at Johns Hopkins University.
- Cynthia Li will spend the summer doing an internship at Greysteel Company, and then pursue a master's degree in systems engineering at University of Pennsylvania in the fall.
- Jingling Li will spend the summer working at Facebook as a Software Engineer, and then enroll in the Ph.D. program in computer science at the University of Maryland, College Park.