As a NELI Fellow, during 9 days of seminars, you will:
- Analyze your leadership style and how it affects team development and culture
- Examine how the life cycle stages of Boards can influence best practices in governance
- Learn to effectively manage transition and change within your organization
- Assess your organization's financial management practices and use planning tools that will better inform your financial decision making
- Understand how the use of power impacts team morale, group dynamics, and productivity
- Gain insights in how to create an organizational culture that respects diversity and encourages inclusion
Complete a Leadership Self-Assessment followed by Executive Coaching:
Using a leadership 360-process, you will collect feedback on your leadership style from your staff, peers, and supervisors. Highly experienced executive coaches will then work with you individually to give context for that feedback and help you design an Individual Professional Development plan.
Create an Action Project:
Fellows create an Action Project focused on creating systemic change that addresses a pressing organizational need. You must identify and engage key stakeholders in the organization and community to work together to address the challenge.
Participate in a Peer-Led Learning Community:
NELI grads praise their learning communities for evolving into trusting, non-judgmental environments allow them the freedom to discuss their issues as leaders in strict confidence. They value the guidance and resources they receive from their peers. They also applaud the creative problem solving that emerges from the diversity of viewpoints shared during these sessions.