What are the graduation requirements?
Where do I see my Academic Requirements Report?
You can access the Academic Requirements Report from your Student Center. Once you're in the student center, click on the drop down for "other academic" and then on "Academic Requirements." Your Academic Requirements report is displayed.
Tips when using the Academic Requirements Report?
- Courses you have completed with a 2.0 or better and courses are you currently registered for will complete a requirement in the report. Completed requirements are marked "Satisfied." If you do not complete in progress courses with a 2.0 or better, they will not fulfill the requirement.
- If a requirement is "satisfied," the requirement area will collapse and the requirement will display "satisfied." To view the courses used to complete the requirement click the (sideways triangle).
When an area is displayed, the icon will display as a(downward triangle).
- Requirements marked "Not Satisfied" have not been satisfied by the courses you have taken or are currently registered for. Courses taken CR/NC must have a grade of 2.0 or greater to satisfy the requirement.
- Sometimes you have taken more than one course that fulfills an approach, the first course you took will appear.
If you have questions or discrepancies?
If you have questions about your Academic Requirements Report, please visit the Registrar's Office in the Lower Level of Guild Hall.
What does the Academic Requirements Report look like?
The report is broken down into three main areas:
1) College Academic/Residency Unit Requirement: total units towards graduation and while in residence at Bryn Mawr
2) College Requirements
- Emily Balch Seminar
- Quantitative Readiness
- Foreign Language
- Approaches to Inquiry: Critical Interpretation, Cross-Cultural Analysis, Inquiry into the Past, Scientific Investigation
- Quantitative and Mathmematical Reasoning
- PE Requirement (Wellness, Swim Test, Physical Education electives)
3) Additional Courses: courses that count towards the total units and residency requirement, but do not fulfill college requirements (including transcript and test credits)
Green Circle with a Checkmark: means you have taken the course. A grade will be visible in the grade column. Only courses with a grade of 2.0 of higher will satisfy a college requirement.
Yellow Diamond: this is a course you have preregistered for or are in the process of taking. Once this course is graded and if you receive a 2.0 or higher, the icon will become the "taken" icon. If you do not pass the course with a 2.0 or higher, you will see the course listed in the Additional Courses area of the Academic Requirements Report.
Planned: If you have add the course to your academic planner, they will appear as completing a requirement and be given the "planned" icon.
A "satisfied" requirement will be collapsed as shown with the right pointing triangle:
You can click on the green triangle to display the course which fulfilled the requirement:
If a requirement is "not satisfied," the requirement will be open. Search the catalog to find a course that fulfills the approach.