- Funding can be applied toward any approved expense associated with activities that involve a student's own academic research or scholarly work and include faculty-mentored research. Examples of approved expenses include lab materials, travel costs for visiting an archive or library, photocopying print resources, and purchasing materials for a performance or production.
- Awards may not be used as salary or to support activities required in a course taken for academic credit. Additionally, awards may not be used to reimburse a department budget.
- All funding applications must be accompanied by a letter of support from a Tri-Co faculty member supervising the research/project or serving as the applicant's mentor. Be sure to give your faculty letter writer at least 2-3 weeks advance notice.
- Applicants must submit a budget showing how the award will be spent. Awards cannot exceed $450.
- Students can apply to receive up to two awards in their undergraduate career. There is no deadline to apply; applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Complete the the following form: Online Application Form
- Ask a Tri-Co faculty member to complete the following form: Online Faculty Letter of Support Form
For students proposing projects that involve research on human subjects, please acquaint yourself with the procedures of the Institutional Review Board and discuss with your faculty advisor.
Tips for Creating a Budget
If requesting compensation for mileage, please use: IRS Standard Mileage Rate.
Below is a sample itemized budget. When submitting your budget, list your expense descriptions and their corresponding amounts. If unsure of the actual amount, please provide a researched estimate.
Total amount requested: $105.94
- SEPTA tickets for Bryn Mawr to Temple University (10 trips x $5.75 fare): $57.50*
- 10 mini DV-tapes for tape recording: $18.84
- Building block set for experiment: $29.60
*Please take into consideration taking the most cost-effective form of transportation.