- Funding can be applied toward any approved expense associated with activities that involve a student's own academic research or scholarly work and include faculty-mentored research. Examples of approved expenses include lab materials, travel costs for visiting an archive or library, photocopying print resources, and purchasing materials for a performance or production.
- Awards may not be used as salary or to support activities required in a course taken for academic credit. Additionally, awards may not be used to reimburse a department budget.
- All funding applications must be accompanied by a letter of support from a Tri-Co faculty member supervising the research/project or serving as the applicant's mentor.
** Be sure to give your faculty letter writer at least 2-3 weeks advance notice.
- Applicants must submit a budget showing how the award will be spent. Awards cannot exceed $450.
- Students can apply to receive up to two awards in their undergraduate career. There is no deadline to apply; applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
1. Complete the the following form: On-line Application Form
2. Ask a TriCo faculty member to complete the following form: On-line Faculty Letter of Support Form
** For students proposing projects that involve research on human subjects, please acquaint yourself with the procedures of the Institutional Review Board and discuss with your faculty advisor. **
Tips for Creating a Budget
If requesting compensation for mileage, please use: IRS Standard Mileage Rate.
Below is a sample itemized budget. When submitting your budget, list your expense descriptions and their corresponding amounts. If unsure of the actual amount, please provide a researched estimate.
Total amount requested: $105.94
- SEPTA tickets – Bryn Mawr-Temple Univ. (10 trips x $5.75 fare) – $57.50*
- 10 mini DV-tapes for tape recording – $18.84
- Building block set for experiment – $29.60
*Please take into consideration taking the most cost-effective form of transportation.