The College's program of professional leaves for continuing members of the faculty reflects a strong institutional commitment to faculty scholarship and to the relationship between research and teaching.
The College considers professional leaves to be precious time dedicated to a faculty member’s professional growth and enhancement of his/her teaching effectiveness. When these goals are realized, our academic programs are stronger and our students benefit. The Faculty Handbook outlines the different leave types and various aspects of professional leaves for faculty including:
- Eligibility and determining years of service
- Requirement to seek outside funding for salary support
- Application/deferral procedures
- Postponement procedures
- Special circumstances
- Leave report
Sabbatical and Professional Development Leave Packet
Faculty eligible for a leave in an upcoming academic year are notified at least 18 months before their scheduled leave so that they can apply for funding.
A Complete Leave Packet includes the following:
2. Leave Proposal
3. Letter from the Chair of the Department
4. Copies of all external funding applications.
5. Previous Leave Report, if applicable.
Complete Leave Packets are due to the Provost's Office on January 31st.