Bryn Mawr College offers this program to employees which provides in-home backup childcare and adult care at a subsidized hourly rate. The care is provided in your home, at the home of the adult needing care, and also offers in-center backup childcare at a subsidized daily rate.
Backup care is available during the day or evening, seven days a week. Services are provided by Care.com.
Backup childcare can be used in situations such as
- During school vacations and holidays
- When your child is ill and cannot go to school or to childcare
- When you have to work late or on weekends
- When your childcare provider goes on vacation, is ill, or quits unexpectedly
- Anytime you have a gap in your regularly scheduled childcare arrangements and you need to work
Backup Adult Care
Backup adult care can be used in situations such as
- When a family member needs assistance with dressing, bathing and ambulation and the regular care provider is unavailable
- When a family member is waiting for an opening in an assisted living facility
- When a family member needs help getting to doctor’s appointments
- When a family member is recuperating at home from surgery
- When an elder family member is getting confused and needs a watchful eye
- Anytime when you have a gap in your family care arrangements
- When you need assistance due to an illness
Care is available day or evening of any day. Sometimes they can locate a caregiver in as little as an hour or two, but the more time you give them the more likely they can make a successful match.
Twenty-four hours is usually sufficient notice for child care. Please allow as much notice a possible for adult care, which may require an assessment visit prior to services.
- Call Care.com at 855-781-1303 or use the Care@Work app on your phone to book care on the go
- Identify yourself as an employee of Bryn Mawr College and discuss your caregiver needs
- Care.com will identify a caregiver who meets your needs and call you with this information
- The caregiver will call you to confirm the details
- Once the care is completed for the day, your credit card will be charged
- Care.com services calls 24/7, so you can reach a person on the phone at any time
Costs and Limitations
The College is subsidizing some of the cost of this service to offer you a more reasonable hourly rate.
- Cost: $9.00 per hour for in-home care
- 4 hour minimum per day, so a $36 minimum charge per day
- You may use a maximum of 20 days of backup care each calendar year
- You may not use more than two consecutive weeks at a time or use this benefit for ongoing care
- $15.00/ child /day for in-center care
You can call their toll-free number at 800-688-4697 for questions about the service as well as to arrange care.