Ph.D., University of Illinois, Chicago, 1975.
Areas of Focus:
Functional analysis, operator theory, ill-posed partial differential equations
Teaching, Fall '08
- Math 231, Discrete Mathematics (with Dianna Xu): Course Website
- Math 102, Calculus II: Course Syllabus
- The EDGE Program (Former Co-Director, with Sylvia Bozeman, Spelman College): www.edgeforwomen.org
- MSRI Conference (Co-Organizer with Sylvia Bozeman, Duane Cooper, and Abbe Herzig): “Promoting Diversity at the Graduate Level in Mathematics: A National Forum” October 14-17, 2008
- (with Beth Campbell Hetrick) Continuous Dependence on Modeling for Nonlinear Ill-Posed Problems, Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, 349 (2009), 420–435.
- (with Beth Campbell Hetrick) Continuous Dependence Results for Inhomogeneous Ill-Posed Problems in Banach Space, Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, 331 (2007), 342-357.
- (with Karen Ames) Structural Stability for Ill-Posed Problems in Banach Space, Semigroup Forum, 70 (2005), 127-145.
- (with Walter Huddell) Smooth Approximation of Finitely-many Relativistic Point Interactions, Special Issue on Point Interactions, Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and General, 38 (2005), 4803-4810.
- (with Walter Huddell) Smooth Approximation of Singular Perturbations, Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, 282 (2003), 512-530.
- Math in the ICU, Math Horizons, November, 2003, 13-15.
- (with Karen Ames) Continuous Dependence Results for Ill-Posed Problems, Semigroups of Operators: Theory and Applications, Second International Conference, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 2001, Optimization Software, Inc., Publications, New York-Los Angeles, 2002, 1-8.
- (with Sylvia Bozeman) Improving the Graduate School Experience for Women in Mathematics: The EDGE Program, Journal of Women and Minorities in Science and Engineering, 10 (2004), 243-253.
- (with Sylvia Bozeman and Ami Radunskaya) The EDGE Program: Adding Value Through Diversity, Building Diversity in Advanced Mathematics: Models that Work, Patricia Hale and Abbe Herzig, eds., to appear.