Strike Update (Nov. 4): The Bryn Mawr College Q Center acknowledges the ongoing and escalating white supremacy and police violence against Black, Indigenous and people of color in United States. As such, the student staff of the Q Center—Including Peer Mentors and TAs—will be striking in solidarity with our fellow students at Bryn Mawr and Haverford Colleges at this time.
It is our hope that students will be able to receive extensions on their assignments, but students unable to do that may email Betsy Horner (email@example.com) to arrange an appointment. Acknowledging the history of discrimination within the quantitative disciplines, we continue our mission of preparing all Bryn Mawr students to solve the crucial challenges of our increasingly quantitative world.
Suspended until further notice:
Schedule a virtual appointment with a Q Mentor!
All Q Center appointments will be online in Fall 2020. Please schedule an appointment through our new online scheduling platform. We hope to see you soon!
- To access the platform, go to: mywco.com/bmcqcenter
- Log into your account. If you do not have an account, please create an account.
- After logging in, you will be able to view the Q Center schedule. [**The boxes that are blue are not available for appointments.**]
- Hover your cursor over an open slot for the specific mentor that you would like to schedule your appointment with. You will also be able to see if the mentor is scheduled to work with other students at that time.
- Click on the slot, a new tab will open
- Be sure that the “Schedule Online Appointment” option is selected
- Confirm that it is the correct mentor and time slot. Fill in your course name, course instructor name, and what you would like to work on during that appointment.
- Please include a phone number so the mentor can text or call you in case of technical difficulties.
- If you have an unreliable internet connection, please ask the mentor about alternatives to video conferencing.
- Select “Create Appointment”. You should receive an email confirming your appointment was made.
- When it is time for your appointment, click on your reserved slot, and a new tab will open.
- Under the section “Meet Tutor Online”, click on “Start or Join Online Consultation”
- A new window should open. On this online consultation page, you can confirm that mentor is present at the appointment by clicking on the figure of the three people (located in the top right corner) or by checking if a video box appears on the left side.
- There are various tools to use during your appointment. When needed, you may mute yourself or your mentor, attach documents, and communicate via chat.
- When you have finished with your meeting, close your tab to end the online consultation.
For more information about mentor skills and specialties, please consult the chart below.
(Minors are italicized.)
**Leave of absence, Fall 2020
|Rem Aitbouchireb '21||English (Education & Middle Eastern Studies)||Python, Qsem|
|Zainab Batool '21||Computer Science & Physics||Calculus through Multivariable , Comp Sci, Intro Econ, Linear Algebra, Physics: E&M, Quantum Mechanics, and beyond|
Victoria Borodina '21
|Biology & Economics||
Biology, Calculus I & II, Gen Chem, Organic Chem, Econ, Intro Physics
|Katja Giebmanns '21||Food Studies & German||Python, Qsem|
|Lillian Hunter '21||Economics||Calculus through Multivariable, Intro Data Science, Econ, Linear Algebra|
|Hien Nguyen '21||Economics, Mathematics||Calculus through Multivariable, Intro Comp Sci, Econ, Linear Algebra, Advanced Math|
|Sophia Ou '22||Psychology, Mathematics||Calculus through Diff Eq, Linear Algebra, Intro Econ, Advanced Math, Psych Methods & Statistics|
|Ha Phan '22||Computer Science||Calculus through Multivariable, Comp Sci, Intro Econ, Linear Algebra, Probability|
Kirtee Ramo '22
Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, Geology
Biology, Calculus through Multivariable, Organic Chemistry I & II, Geology, Linear Algebra, Physics: Quantum Mechanics
|Olga Shevchuk '22||Computer Science, Mathematics||Calculus through Multivariable, Comp Sci, Discrete Math, Intro Econ, Linear Algebra, Advanced Math|
Hurum Tohfa '21
Lola Rodrigues '23
My My Tang '21
Nitisha Bhandari '22
Trang Dang '23
Physics (Scientific Computing)
Calculus through Diff Eq, Linear Algebra, Physics: E&M, Quantum Mechanics, and beyond
Calculus through Multivariable, Linear Algebra
Calculus I & II, Gen Chemistry I & II, Organic Chemistry I & II
Calculus, Computer Science, Discrete Math, Linear Algebra
Calculus I or II, Linear Algebra, Discrete Math, Computer Science
**Linh Tran '21; Mathematics, Computer Science; Calculus through Diff Eq, Gen Chemistry I, Comp Sci, Discrete Math, Econ I, Linear Algebra, Advanced Math
**Ehimy Menendez '22; Sociology; Qsem, Python